Journal-First Paper Initiative at ICSE 2018
ICSE has begun to form partnerships with prestigious journals to incorporate journal-first papers into the ICSE program. Through this initiative, authors of journal-first papers accepted in the partnering journals will be invited to present their work at ICSE, allowing the authors to speak directly to the community and offering the ICSE attendees a richer set of presentations.
The journals that support the journal-first model as partners with ICSE are the following.
- IEEE Transaction of Software Engineering (IEEE TSE)
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
The final list will be announced in June 2017.
A journal-first presentation submitted to ICSE 2018 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The accepted paper version was submitted to a journal from the final list between June 2016 and November 2017.
- The paper is in the scope of the conference.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work; and
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
From September to November 2017, the authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria may submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper title, an extended abstract and a pointer to the original journal paper. By submitting this proposal, the authors commit that at least one them must register and attend ICSE to present the paper.
Authors will be invited to present their paper at ICSE 2018 after a check that the paper is in scope to the conference.
Note that the journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and will not be part of the ICSE proceedings. The journal-first presentations will be listed in the conference program and the proceeding will only contain the abstract and a pointer to the journal publication.
- Journal-first paper chair: Gerardo Canfora, University of Sannio, Italy
|Thu 21 Dec 2017|