SCORE - Call for projects
Call for submissions
SCORE is a worldwide competition for undergraduate and master’s level students. It emphasizes the engineering aspects of software development, not limited to programming. Student teams participating in the contest will complete a full-lifecycle software project on a selected project topic.
To take part in the competition, teams must register and follow the contest rules. Upon completion of their work, teams will submit an initial project report; then, qualifying teams will submit full software products covering the whole software development process. After a careful evaluation carried out by the SCORE Program Committee, a limited number (3 to 5) of finalist teams will be invited to ICSE 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden for final project presentation and evaluation, and will receive their awards at the conference.
More information about SCORE, the timing, and the proposed projects can be found at SCORE Web Page
The key dates and periods of the SCORE contest are given below. All deadlines are 23:59 anywhere on earth (AoE) and are strict.
- 8 May 2017: Publication of CfP on SCORE website.
- 1 May 2017: Publication of list of project topics on SCORE website
- From 10 May 2017 to 15 December 2017: Registration is open for teams entering the contest. When registering, teams will have to submit a title to EasyChair submission page (choose Abstract only), and name two contact persons (see the “Registration and proposals” section, as well as the “Team composition” section on the CFP).
- 1 July 2017: Teams may start to submit summary reports (submissions open).
- 15 December 2017: Deadline for team registrations.
- 15 January 2018: Deadline for the submission of summary reports.
- 5 March 2018: Notification of semi-finalists who will submit full deliverables.
- 23 March 2018: Deadline for the submission of full deliverables by semi-finalists.
- 7 April 2018: Notification of finalists who will be invited to ICSE 2018.
- 27 May - 3 June 2018 - ICSE 2018. Final evaluation and presentation of the awards.
|Wed 10 May 12:00 - Fri 15 Dec 12:00 2017|
Registration is open
|Fri 15 Dec 2017|
Team registration deadline
|Sat 1 Jul 12:00 2017 - Mon 15 Jan 12:00 2018|
Summary report submission period
|Mon 15 Jan 2018|
Summary report submission deadline
|Mon 5 Mar 2018|
Notification of semi-finalists who will submit full deliverables
|Fri 23 Mar 2018|
Deadline for the submission of full deliverables by semi-finalists
|Sat 7 Apr 2018|
Notification of finalists who will be invited to ICSE 2018.
Christine JulienProgram Chair
The University of Texas at Austin
Rafael PrikladnickiProgram Chair
Faculdade de Informática da PUCRS
Nazareno AguirreCommittee Member
Dept. of Computer Science FCEFQyN, University of Rio Cuarto
Tayana ConteCommittee Member
Universidade Federal do Amazonas
Jonathan CookCommittee Member
New Mexico State University
Carlo A. FuriaCommittee Member
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Milos GligoricCommittee Member
University of Texas at Austin
Filippo LanubileCommittee Member
University of Bari
Timothy LethbridgeCommittee Member
University of Ottawa
Collin McMillanCommittee Member
Emerson Murphy-HillCommittee Member
North Carolina State University
Gruia-Catalin RomanCommittee Member
New Mexico State University
Politecnico di Milano
Rodrigo SantosCommittee Member
Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Christoph TreudeCommittee Member
The University of Adelaide
Michal YoungCommittee Member
University of Oregon