SCORE - Call for projects
SCORE is a worldwide competition for undergraduate and master’s level students. It emphasizes the engineering aspects of software development, not limited to programming. Student teams participating in the contest will complete a full-lifecycle software project on a selected project topic.
To take part in the competition, teams must register and follow the contest rules. Upon completion of their work, teams will submit an initial project report; then, qualifying teams will submit full software products covering the whole software development process. After a careful evaluation carried out by the SCORE Program Committee, a limited number (3 to 5) of finalist teams will be invited to ICSE 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden for final project presentation and evaluation, and will receive their awards at the conference.
More information about SCORE, the timing, and the proposed projects can be found at SCORE Web Page
The key dates and periods of the SCORE contest are given below. All deadlines are 23:59 anywhere on earth (AoE) and are strict.
- 8 May 2017: Publication of CfP on SCORE website.
- 1 May 2017: Publication of list of project topics on SCORE website
- From 10 May 2017 to 15 December 2017: Registration is open for teams entering the contest. When registering, teams will have to submit a title to EasyChair submission page (choose Abstract only), and name two contact persons (see the “Registration and proposals” section, as well as the “Team composition” section on the CFP).
- 1 July 2017: Teams may start to submit summary reports (submissions open).
- 15 December 2017: Deadline for team registrations.
- 15 January 2018: Deadline for the submission of summary reports.
- 5 March 2018: Notification of semi-finalists who will submit full deliverables.
- 23 March 2018: Deadline for the submission of full deliverables by semi-finalists.
- 7 April 2018: Notification of finalists who will be invited to ICSE 2018.
- 27 May - 3 June 2018 - ICSE 2018. Final evaluation and presentation of the awards.